Vancouver Jazz Forum Home | Calendar | Forum | Musicians | CD Releases | Radio | Gallery | Search | CONTACT  

Go Back   Vancouver Jazz Forum > General Discussions
FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 6, 2005, 04:08 PM
b16a2

Hi there! I am a newbie to jazz, as well as the Vancouver nightlife.

I am going out with a friend on Wednesday night (Feb. 9), and I am coming to understand that The Cellar is the place to go for live jazz... I am also coming to understand that there are minimum/cover charges.

I am just curious what it might cost for a boy and a lady to come and see a nice show. I understand that there is no cover charge on Wednesdays, but is there a minimum purchase amount? This is not an issue, I don't expect a free show, but I would like to know that it's not going to cost us a lot of money.

I thank Cory, or anyone else who has a swift answer for me, and I look forward to seeing a good show.

As I said once again, I am new to jazz, and if anyone could let me know how the 'set's work or anything... that would be great.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 06:20 PM

Minimums

Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday - no cover with a $10 minimum chargve

Thursday- cover varies, minimum $10

Friday, Saturday - cover varies, 1st set minimum $15, if you come for the second set you're subject to the cover as well as a $10 minimum charge.

Old Feb 8, 2005, 12:59 AM
b16a2

Thank you for your quick response Cory.

Hope to see you Wednesday... it's your band that is playing, correct?
Old Feb 10, 2005, 01:08 AM
b16a2

Well, I would just like to thank the Cellar for providing me and my friend with a great night tonight (Wed. Feb. 9, 2005). For $38.xx, we enjoyed live Jazz (Crash is great! Kudos to those guys!), and a fine meal (The sweet yams were a bit dissappointing, but the Cirrizo Pasta was dilectable. I would definitely go again, how often, I am not sure, but it was certainly a great way to relax, and enjoy a soothing, friendly, entertaining atmosphere! Definitely a good change from going to a movie theater, or a club.

The prices are very reasonable for most items, the beer was a good micro-brew, and the waitresses, while sparse, were helpful!

Thank you once again Cory, for your hospitality, and I look forward to visiting again.

Watching/listening to live jazz has never really hit me in the face as a feasible idea for entertainment, but I am glad I tried it. The energy exuded from those saxophones, and the vibrations felt from the feet to the spine are a pleasure found nowhere else, in such a great, relaxing, romantic, and interestingly decorated atmosphere!

To anyone curious about whether or not to try this out, I urge you to give it a go, you won't regret it!

Thanks once again,

Sincerely, a happy guest,

Evan Wilson.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 10:40 PM
Trumpette

Quote:
Originally Posted by b16a2
a great, relaxing, romantic, and interestingly decorated atmosphere!
Hmm, I've never been to the Cellar, and when I found out about it on here, I assumed I wasn't old enough to go in, but now I realize I'm not sure why I assumed that. I'd like someone to correct me if I'm wrong. And... it interests me that b16a2 said it is "interestingly decorated" and I want to know what that means! Haha, thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: